CHOCOLATE CHIP MINT SMOOTHIE
An ultra dreamy chocolate chip mint smoothie-- the sweetness and richness of the coconut milk allows the base of this smoothie to be mostly spinach, while still being very indulgent! A healthy green smoothie that tastes like a milkshake.
Prep Time5 minutes
Total Time5 minutes
Servings2 small or 1 large
- 1/2 cup coconut milk full fat, canned
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or plain greek yogurt
- 2 bananas chopped and frozen
- 4 cups spinach or use 10 frozen spinach cubes, see notes
- 6 ice cubes
- 20 grams natural whey protein
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2-1 teaspoon peppermint extract peppermint extracts vary in intensity - so start small!
- 2 tablespoons 85% dark chocolate chopped, or sub dark chocolate chips
- 1/4-1/2 cup water optional, if needed
Get IngredientsPowered by Chicory
- Add the liquid ingredients first, followed by the rest of the smoothie ingredients, leaving out the chocolate chips. Process until very smooth and creamy, and the spinach is fully incorporated.
- Add the chocolate, and pulse 5-6 times until the chocolate is broken up, but still in chunks.
- Top with more chocolate chips, and enjoy while it's thick.
*I like to use frozen spinach in my green smoothies because it's convenient to have on hand. I buy it frozen in ice cubed sized chunks, and use 10 of them in this smoothie. Using fresh spinach is fine.**Peppermint extracts vary greatly. The first one I tried was a pure peppermint, and it was way too strong. Right now I am using Queen's, an Australian brand. If you haven't used peppermint extract before, start out with a small amount, and add more to taste.***If you're used to sweet things, you might want to add 1-2 teaspoons of honey to this smoothie. I don't think it needs it.