- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 carrots sliced
- 4 celery stalks sliced
- 1 cup broccoli or broccoli stalk, sliced
- ¾ cup red lentils
- ¾ cup green lentils
- 3 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups water
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 3 cups green kale sliced in to small strips
- ¼ cup Italian parsley
Make It Like So
- In a large pot, heat oil and lightly sauté onion until translucent (about 5 mins).
- Rinse red and green lentils until water runs clear.
- Add chopped carrots, celery, broccoli, lemon juice, water, lentils and salt.
- Bring to boil and then reduce to simmer.
- Cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Add in kale and parsley and remove from heat.
- Leave covered for ten minutes.
Option: leave soup chunky as it is, or puree in a blender for a thick, creamy soup. A nice touch is to blend half of the soup and leave the rest chunky- mixing the textures together, Once cooled, this soup can be frozen in ⅕ litre mason jars to be enjoyed as a single serving at a later time.